I want to start by thanking DeadBeatBibliophile for nominating me for this award. A recent blogger goal of mine has been to engage more with the blog/book blog community and this nomination has given me such an opportunity. I am truly grateful. 🙂 ❤
1. Who is your favourite booktuber/blogger?
I don’t really follow booktube so I don’t have a favorite booktuber. I used to love watching Tea Time by Epic Reads, but they don’t occur as often anymore so I don’t watch as much. My favorite blogger is Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts because I love his rants.
2. If you could save only one book from your entire collection before the rest got destroyed what would they be and why?
I would have to save City of Bones by Cassandra Clare because a close friend gave it to me as a birthday gift long before The Mortal Instruments became popular. Sadly, I hadn’t read the book until after I saw the movie. All those years just sitting on my bookshelf just waiting to be read…
3. Why did you start a bookblog?
So I begin to address this in my About page, but I’m not sure how clear that is. My younger sister and I used to share books and talk about them afterward. However, over time, I would finish books and my sister wouldn’t even get around to starting some of them so I lost a book buddy. I had just finished reading a book I really disliked/hated when I decided I would use a blog as a diary for my book thoughts. Unfortunately (/fortunately), my sister never caught up so now I use my blog as a book buddy and to connect with other readers. [Gosh, that seems sad and long-winded.]
4. What is your favourite book series?
My favorite book series is Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Katy and Daemon, enough said. ❤
5. What is your reading pet peeve?
My reading pet peeve is when people wet books. I HATE how crunchy and warped pages get when wet. What’s worse is when the pages stick together. Or if a stain is left behind! JUST KEEP LIQUIDS AWAY FROM BOOKS!!! (Sorry, I lost myself for a moment.)
6. If you could write a sequel for a standalone, which standalone would you choose and why?
I’d write the sequel to The Fill-In Boyfriend. What happens to Bec and Nate!?!
7. How many books are on your TBR shelf? (This could be Goodreads or a physical shelf, you choose.)
I have about 5 books on my physical shelf because I just went through my annual shelf cleaning so a lot of books are going to be donated to make space for new books. I have 247 books on my Goodreads TBR shelf.
8. Favourite book genre?
My favorite genre is always shifting, but I tend to stay under the young adult (YA) umbrella.
9. Do you judge books by their covers?
97% of the time I only pick up a book because of the cover. Libraries and bookstores are teeming with wonderful books so there has to be a way for the book to immediately impress me and get into my hands. Though the blurb is what decides if it leaves with me.
(The other 3% is caused by good reviews by bloggers I follow and come across.)
10. Have you ever read a book that you didn’t think would be good but pleasantly surprised you?
Yes. (That isn’t much of an answer, but I’m blanking for an example. Off the top of my head, I’d have to say Who R U Really? and None of the Above, though there’s probably a better example out there.)
11. Second hand or brand new books?
Since I get most of my books from the library, I have to say second hand. But nothing beats the smell of a new book and the feel of a book opening for the first time.
Eleven (11) Facts About Me:
- My favorite book of all time will always be My Own Worst Enemy by Carol Sonenklar.
- I’ve never read any of the Harry Potter books (and I never will).
- I switch back and forth between reading physical books and e-books depending on when I’m home and when I’m traveling.
- I’m short (5’2”).
- I’m currently a junior (3rd year) in college. (I’m not ready to adult yet. 😦 But I’m also sick of schoolwork.)
- I’d rather stay at home and read than go out to a party. (Who deemed socializing fun anyway?)
- I suck at talking about myself, which this list proves.
- I update my Goodreads status more often than I update my Facebook status.
- My favorite cartoon/anime is Sailor Moon. I can watch it over and over and not get sick of it.
- I have a cat that I named Mew. She’s more like my child than my pet.
- My favorite ice cream flavor is cookies and cream. Bonus points if I can top it with more crushed cookie pieces.
The following are my nominations for The Liebster Award. If you’ve already done it or don’t want to do it, don’t feel pressured to complete the questions.
Questions for Nominees:
- What is your book to movie guilty pleasure?
- You’re going on a trip, what book will you take with you?
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- What is your reading pet peeve?
- If you could insert yourself into any book as a new or existing character, which book would you enter and what role would you play?
- Do you prefer to read in a quiet or noisy place?
- What book are you currently recommending to all your friends and fellow book nerds?
- If you’re not reading, what else are you doing?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Do you have any pets?
Thank you again to DeadBeatBibliophile for nominating me for this award. This task was extremely difficult, but I think it’s given everyone a chance to know me a bit better. I’m truly grateful. 🙂