A few months ago I was tagged by Lia @ Bookland for The Creative Blogger Award and by TheYAPage and Pooja @ BooksaRica for The Blogger Recognition Award. However, other than acknowledging the tags and thanking the bloggers, my responses to these awards just sat in my drafts folder. But in an attempt to enter 2016 with a clean drafts folder I’m just going to publish what I have done so far. Sorry, I’m not doing these awards justice.
~ The Creative Blogger Award ~
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers in return and notify them about their nomination.
- Keep the rules in your post to make it easy for everyone to know what to do.
Thank you, Lia, for this nomination. It is very awesome of you. (Link to her blog above.)
Five Fast Facts:
- I’m the stereotypical book lady equipped with tea, a cat, and reading material.
- I have more eBooks than physical books.
- My favorite type of clothing is sweatpants/leggings.
- I have three siblings.
- My favorite colors are blue and black. (I really can’t choose one over the other.)
~ The Blogger Recognition Award ~
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Thanks again to TheYAPage and Pooja for this award (links above). Also, shout to Edge of Night for creating this award.
I explain how this blog was started in my response to The Liebster Award so I won’t bore you by rehashing it. But I haven’t tried explaining it in emojis so I’ll try that!
Yeah, I’m going to stop there.
My advice to other bloggers is to remember why you’re doing this. It’s so easy to get caught up in what other bloggers are doing and becoming discouraged or pushing yourself past your limits. Be true to yourself. You may not be the blog with 50+ views a day (I’m lucky if I even get one), but there are people out there who want to hear what you have to say so say it.